Monday, July 12, 2010

Fun, football, fireworks and fever!

We were warned that the day after the final World Cup game, the country would go into depression. I didn’t think I would feel this bad though- it could also be all the strawberry tequila I was drinking last night. Oh my word I want my bed. I want 2 lie down, close my eyes and dream of that moment just before the opening ceremony. That feeling of unity and pride that washed over South Africa like a graceful wave. It was a feeling that so many of us had never felt before.

I had that same feeling watching the closing ceremony last night. That amazing technology and creativity showed the world that South Africa is not only capable of hosting the most mind blowing event on the planet, but that we are also in the front line when it comes to putting on a state of the art show.

I’m so glad that Nelson Mandela made an appearance. That smile warmed my heart and honestly almost bought a tear to my eyes. All in all, the final World Cup evening was a show and a half.

Keep your heads held high South Africa and recognize the fact that you have lived through what was possibly one of the most exciting things that will ever happen to our young country. Frame your pictures and keep your memories close to your heart. Let’s keep the “gees” alive forever more!

No comments:

Post a Comment