Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My 5 guilty pleasures.





There are certain things in life that just too good to resist. Although I know that I probably shouldn’t be indulging in them as often as I do, I simply cannot say no. I’m sure everybody has those moments when you “try” drag yourself away but that little voice just tempts you back.
I’m not quite sure if some of these temptations are merely bad habits, I haven’t quite drawn the line. However what I do know is that they are rather fulfilling in their own ways.
My top 5 guilty pleasures come in many different forms.

1. I absolutely love to stare at people in public. This I know is rude, but I get a kick out of eavesdropping, watching people argue or by simply staring at them, even if they are the most uninteresting person to look at, (well especially if they are the most uninteresting person to look at.) I think, “I wonder what this person does for fun? Is this their idea of fun?” That doesn’t make me a bad person, does it?

2. When I get home from work and I have finished doing all the things I need to do, I lay on my bed with whatever snack I can find in the kitchen and I watch Isidingo. Aimless TV I know, but so totally intriguing at the same time. As if this is not bad enough, on Sundays I watch the omnibus! Don’t judge me- there are many relative scenarios in the show that I’m sure you would relate to as well ;-)

3. Wearing my sister’s clothes. This has resulted in the outbreak of a couple wars in my house. A few times, to the point where there has actually been blood! I have this thing about her wearing my clothing- basically I hate it! But I have no problem wearing hers what so ever. Selfish I know. This is why it is one of my guilty pleasures.

4. I absolutely love to search for people on Facebook (even if I am not “friends” with them) and look through their photos. I’m sure we all do but something about it makes me feel like I am invading their space- even though they have put these pictures up for the whole world to see.

5. Without fail, every single morning my alarm goes off at 05:00. The night before (every single night before) I assure myself that tomorrow will be the day that I will get my ass out of bed at 05:00 and get to work early. However the devil on my pillow has other plans for me. I snooze the alarm (every single morning) for 10 minutes at a time until eventually I get up. The extra interrupted sleep makes me feel unproductive and lazy however it’s just way too good to stop.

So these are some of the things that make me weak. I can’t stop but I’m not too sure if I want to either.


No comments:

Post a Comment