Friday, August 13, 2010

Rude food


My lunch gave me inspiration to write this blog post. Yes, my lunch! While I was eating spaghetti bolognaise (and trying not to get it all over my face) I was reminded of one of my absolute biggest hates. I know it’s silly, because we are all human and it is inevitable, but it grinds me when I can hear people chewing.

When I am sitting at a table, eating food with other people, and I can hear the crunching of their food in their mouths, I come close to losing it. This applies to swallowing liquids too. That sound makes me want to pull my hair out. Is there honestly a need to swallow so vigorously? Your drink isn’t going to grow fins and swim away. I realize that this is something that cannot be helped but I’m allowed to voice my opinion. We live in a country where freedom of speech is a right. It is still a right isn’t it?

I have a name for a certain number of foods.

Rude Foods

These consist of anything that makes an earth shattering noise when bitten into or that are bound to make an embarrassing mess. Not to mention the sound that they make when you are chewing on them. Things like:

Mielies

Rusks

Bread that has been heated up to the point where it is hard (very yummy with melted butter on top)

Spaghetti Bolognaise

This blog post isn’t going to make me any friends. In fact it will probably make me loose a couple. But please, this is a plea to anyone who I will come into contact with. When you are around me, do not eat the above foods and if you feel the need to, then tell me so that I can leave the continent.

Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment